Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Dentist Day

I spent my morning off getting 8 fillings done...no fun, but at least it's done and I am cavity-free. It stinks that two of the cavities should have been avoided, but my horrible Austin dentist at Castle Dental did a bad job on the fillings in January and the cracks that she left harvested cavities. Anyways, we won't go there. So we got the better, more expensive dental insurance so that we could get all our major work done this year and then next year, we'll go back to the DMO...don't tell my dentist! :P

Lydia and Sophie also went to their dentist appointments this afternoon and they did pretty well. Lydia did wonderfully getting her x-rays and cleaning done. She does have a few cavities due to a lack of flossing, but thankfully they are baby teeth and she'll get a second chance at having a filling-free mouth when they fall out (in another five years). We have an appointment for fillings next week, so we're hoping the laughing gas will be enough to get her through the procedure. Sophie was the opposite; her check-up went so-so with her eyes shut the entire time, but at least no cavities!

Getting x-rays...sometimes I forget how young Lydia still is; she looks so tiny under the vest


Getting ready for a cleaning

2 comments:

  1. Darla1:21 AM

    Cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really important to be cavity-free. Fillings may not look that nice, especially the amalgam ones, but they sure do a lot to restore your teeth structure. I remember the appointment with my dentist (Murfreesboro, TN-based) when I had 6 fillings done. It wasn't exactly fun either, but it paid off really well. I think they do that with less pain now using a laser tool.

    Anyway, I'm glad that you had your teeth done together with your kid. That teaches them that there's nothing to fear, and that dental health is important even for adults. It's a very good lesson to impart, according to my dentist (Murfreesboro-based). Good job, Grace!

    ReplyDelete