Thursday, June 12, 2008

Soccer mom

I took our minivan out for the first time yesterday and it was surprisingly a very smooth ride. I took both kids to the Galleria with me since my Dad felt bad about taking Lydia to VBS. VBS is only for kids entering kindergarten - 5th grade; children younger than that are only allowed to attend if a parent is working in VBS. Technically we were bending the rules a bit, but later, Lydia's VBS teacher called and asked where she was and after giving her the reason, she said that we shouldn't feel bad at all and that she expected Lydia at VBS the next day. Lydia had cried and complained practically the entire time we were at the Galleria, so I had no problem letting her attend VBS the next day.

I have not been to Houston's Galleria in a long time, so I had to take a moment to figure out where everything was nowadays. Janie and Jack is having their semi-annual sale, so we went there first and discovered a cool water feature.
After a quick look inside Gymboree, Lydia and I enjoyed a pretzel and blue raspberry chill. Then we went back to my parents' house where both girls took naps. After they woke up, we met Jennifer and Calvin at this new teahouse across the highway called Ka Teahouse. The bubble milk tea there was so-so, but the smoothie wasn't too bad. I am just glad that someone finally built a milk tea place on the west side of town, so that I don't have to go all the way to Chinatown for a drink. Jennifer and Calvin hadn't seen Lydia since November and had never met Sophie, so it was nice "reintroducing" the girls to them. Lydia had a blast playing with Uncle Calvin in the water fountain feature, while Sophie just slept away.

No comments:

Post a Comment